Here are some of the straightening issues that can be treated with clear aligners:
- Overcrowded teeth occur when there is a lack of room within your jaw for all of your teeth to fit normally.
- Widely spaced teeth occur when you have extra space within your jaw.
- Crossbites occur when the upper and lower jaws are both misaligned. It usually causes one or more upper teeth to bite on the inside of the lower teeth and can happen on both the front and/or the sides of the mouth
- Deep bites occur when the upper teeth overlap significantly with the lower teeth
- Underbites occur when the lower teeth protrude past the front teeth, usually caused by undergrowth of the upper jaw, overgrowth of the lower jaw, or both.
If only your front teeth are crooked, why should you spend years rearranging stubborn back teeth with braces or aligners? You shouldn’t! Six Month Smiles is a brand-new technique that allows patients to straighten only the teeth that show when they smile. No tricks or gimmicks, Six Month Smiles focuses on just the cosmetic appearance of your smile. Tooth-colored wires and brackets make Six Month Smiles an excellent solution for adults who would like to quickly and discreetly straighten their teeth.
The Six Month Smiles technique employs the latest technology and techniques in dentistry to move your teeth quickly and safely with clear adult braces. The key components of the treatment are the use of unique, clear braces and a primary focus of moving the teeth that show when you smile.
ClearCorrect is another alternative to traditional braces that straightens teeth using a series of clear, custom-made, removable aligners that gradually move teeth a little bit at a time.
Since the treatment involves clear aligners, which are nearly invisible, most people won’t even notice you’re wearing them. In addition, it’s easy to remove the aligners which allows you to eat whatever you like. There are no wires to trap food or get in the way when you floss.
Treatment time depends upon your specific condition and degree of misalignment, but on average you can expect the treatment to last one to two years.
If you are an adult (16 years and older) with crooked or spaced teeth and you’re not looking for a major alteration to your bite, Six Month Smiths or ClearCorrect could be the solution for you. Set up an appointment today to learn more and see which treatment is right for you. A better smile is just a phone call away.